Did You Know?
- Tallinn is the oldest capital city in Northern Europe
- Kalevipoeg, Suur Tõll and Leiger are the giants of Estonian mythology
- In 1632 the first Estonian university was founded in Tartu, the intellectual city of Estonia.
- The first ever Song Festival was held in Tartu
- The Joint choir of the General Song Festival has the biggest number of singers in the world
- Juniper berries are believed to help cure 99 diseases, Estonians are ‘Berry Junkies’
- Skype is founded in Estonia and it has still its main development center in Tallinn
- Tallinn is the home of the Christmas tree
- The Power of the blast of the Kaali meteorite in Saaremaa was comparable to that of a
- For Estonians the word “bread” stands for a dark rye bread. The food commonly referred to as
bread in the rest of the world has a separate word in Estonian – “sai” (white bread).
- In Estonia it is possible to vote online
- Estonians still enjoy drilling birches and maples to drink their sap – a custom considered as
unheard-of luxury in the old Europe
- 95% Estonians submit there taxes via the internet
Why a schooltrip to Estonia?
- A new , affordable, progressive destination
- A blend of old traditions and a forward-looking mentality
- Lots of nature: forests, dunes, swamps, bogs, many lakes and 1500 islands!
- It’ s a compact country, all sights can be visited without too many transfers
- …it will be posivitely surprising
During a schooltrip in Estonia a blend of several topics could be offered to the students. Contact us via email@example.com to create a surprising package! What could be on the menu:
- Geography ( North Estonian Clint, boulders, ice-age remainders, bogs, Kaali meteorite crater…)
- Nature (birds, wolves, bears, elks, losts of nature all around, the Northern Lights…)
- Culture (Tallinn, Tartu, Manors in Estonia, Old traditions, Song Festival, …)
- IT (University lectures, IT info sessions, e-Estonia course, visit a start-up,…)
- Adventure (Canoeing on the Baltic Sea, a bicycle ride through Tallinn, bog wolks,…)
- Unique experiences (floating sauna, Haabja workshops, bear watching & tracking,…)
There are too many activities & topics to list. Please have a look at our activities tab, you will definitely find some interesting offers to balance it out! Do not hesitate to contact us and we help you putting a full package together!
We welcome secundary schools and college students. At HansaGuides we love to satisfy you 100% by working out together a balanced schooltrip, including all necessary elements. We are sure it will be an unforgettable and positively surprising experience!
Study in Estonia
If you would like to study in Estonia! Take a look at following information: