Estonia’s 1500+ islands offer an enormous amount of charm and ancient history. Most popular are Saaremaa, Hiiumaa, Muhu, Kihnu, Ruhnu and Vormsi.
This 8 days cycling trip takes you to Estonia’s largest islands – Saaremaa and Hiiumaa. Life moves at a slower pace on the islands and Estonia’s traditional values are strong there. They are a perfect place to spend your cycling holiday – smaller quiet roads, romantic summer resorts, friendly people and of course sea and beaches. The nature is essentially untouched and many visitors find an inner peace on the islands.
TOUR PRICE – per person
|Dates||DBL room (euro)
||SGL room (euro)
|01/05-30/09 – option 1
|01/05-30/09 – option 2
- Option 2 offers SPA hotels in Haapsalu and Kuressaare.
- Departure possible every day
- Discounts for extra bed in Double/Twin room – 15 %
- Minimum group size – 2 people
Sent us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org , indicate the preferred travel date and amount of persons, who would like to join! We will respond within 24hours.
Or reach us for more information
- via SKYPE – Hansaguides.
- via Mobile – 0032(0)478 295196
- Accommodation: 7 nights in hotel, guesthouse or B&B place in double/twin room
- 7 x breakfast
- Route description includes turn-to-turn description, sights, opening times, prices, recommendations for lunch and dinner
- Sending bike back fee
- Emergency phone support
- Bicycle rent for 6 days – 60 EUR per bike (includes lock (Abus Bordo) and toolkit (pump, spare tube, repair set, multitool, tire leavers); Bike type: Merida Crossway, all bikes have 24 gears, handbreaks, Schwalbe Marathon tires (puncture proof), rack, mudguards and bottle holder)
- Daily Luggage transport – € 350 for group (up to 5 people)
- Rent of E-bikes, Cube Touring for 6 days 132 EUR per bike
- Waterproof Ortleib pannier bags rent for 6 days 20 EUR per pair
- Waterproof Ortlieb handelbar bag rent for 6 days 10 EUR per bag
- Transfer by car from/to Tallinn Airport: 30 euro (price for one way up to 4 people)
- Pre/post-tour accommodation with breakfast in Tallinn 3* hotels:
- Double/twin room – € 90
- Single room – € 75
- Ferry tickets 3 eur per person and 1.90 euro per bike one way – to be paid at the spot.
- Bus ticket Kuressaare-Tallinn: 20 euro per person one way (includes ferry ticket)
- Private pick-up in Kuressaare: 300 euro (up to 4 people) ; 350 euro (up to 6 people)
- 8-hour Cycling tour in Tallinn: 180 euro/group (up to 2 persons) ; 220 euro/group (up to 4 persons) ; 240 euro/group (up to 6 persons)
- Koidula Tour (8hours) in Tallinn: 150 euro/group (up to 6 persons)
- Kalev Tour (4hours) in Tallinn: 100 euro/group (up to 6 persons)
- Plane ticket with Estonian Air Brussels-Tallinn/Amsterdam-Brussels via Hansaguides : 250 euro
- Flights through other companies and from other destinations will be suggested and booked on request.
- Send us an e-mail at email@example.com. No deposit required in this stage!
- We get back to you within 24 hrs.
- You confirm your dates and we make the booking
- We give you the final price
- You confirm the tour by paying 25% deposit
- We will send you all detailed information about your tour
- You can find our terms and conditions and relevant company information here.
- More information about Estonia is available here.
- More information about Hansaguides one can find here!
Day 1: Tallinn
Individual arrival in Tallinn and transfer to your hotel. Overnight in Tallinn.
Day 2. Bike ride from Tallinn to Padise (65 km / 40 miles)
The tour follows the Northern coast of Estonia. Cliffs are followed by sandy beaches. After some up’s and down’s you will get to Türisalu cliff. Enjoy the view to to the Island of Naissaar and Vääna-Jõesuu. Take a break to enjoy Keila-Joa waterfall, the third most powerful waterfall in Estonia. Enjoy dinner in beautiful Padise Manor, located next to the mystic ruins of Padise Monastery. Accommodation in B&B.
Day 3. Bike ride from Padise to Haapsalu (55 km /34 miles)
This day is just a riding day. Enjoy Estonian diverse nature: the route goes through forests and fields, you will pass some bogs. For such a small country, the diversity of Estonia’s landscapes is unique in Europe. Day’s highlight is Haapsalu – a charming seaside resort famous for its range of spa hotels and fine beach. The old town is popular too and Haapsalu Castle, haunted by a white lady, hosts many events including various music festivals. Accommodation is in small hotel.
Day 4. Bike ride to island Hiiumaa (38 km /24 miles)
Today the tour takes you to the second largest island in Estonia – Hiiumaa. Formed as a result of a meteorite explosion Hiiumaa is one of the oldest islands in the world. Hiiumaa is known for its lighthouses, unspoilt nature, Kassari and the sense of humour of its inhabitants. After about 1.5 hrs on ferry, the route takes you to Hiiumaa’s capital Kärdla, known of it’s cosy islander atmosphere. Accommodation is in very small guesthouse.
Day 5. Bike ride to Saaremaa island (55 km / 34 miles)
From Kärdla, route takes you to the South-Hiiumaa and first to Kassari island. On your way is Vaemla Wool Factory, romantic Kassari chapel and Sääre Tirp peninsula. Ferry takes you to the largest island in Estonia – Saaremaa. Overnight is in romantic guesthouse.
Day 6. Ride to the capital of Saaremaa – Kuressaare (51 km /32 miles)
Windmills are considered to be the symbol of Saaremaa. On this day the road takes you to Angla Windmill Mount, where you can see the windmills characteristic of the island of Saaremaa, watch a miller at work and taste homemade bread. Make a stop in Kaali field of meteorite craters -the rarest nature wonder in Estonia, being at the same time the most spectacular in Eurasia. Your destination – Kuressaare, is small and charming summer resort known for it’s medieval castle. Accommodation is in small hotel next to the castle, sea and beach.
Day 7. Kuressaare and individual departure (optional cycling)
After breakfast in the hotel, you are free to visit Kuressaare with your bikes. Before departure, you will leave the bikes to the hotel and take public bus back to Tallinn or request a private pick-up.
Day 8. Tallinn
Breakfast at the hotel. Free time till departure.
Tour distances: cycling ~264 km /164 mi.,
Cycling grade: Cycle routes mainly on roads with little traffic and cycle paths. Routes range from 38 to 65 km (24-40 miles) each day. Bicycle route is mostly flat.
Arrival & departure information:
- TALLINN – ferries from Stockholm (Sweden) & Helsinki (Finland)