An 8-day fully-inclusive holiday amongst unique, untouched nature with winding rivers, vast floodplains, mires, bogs and primeval forests, where we will search for mammals including Racoon Dog, Red Fox, European Beaver, Wild Boar, Elk, Roe Deer, Flying Squirrel and Brown Bears and enjoy birdwatching as well. You have a slim chance of seeing one of the more elusive residents such as Wolf and Lynx! Even if you don´t see these animals, you will have plenty of fun deciphering the many mammal tracks we find along the way!
- Day 1 Arrive in Tallinn, transfer to Haapsalu
- Day 2 Matsalu National Park
- Day 3 Haapsalu & Matsalu; Beaver Boat trip
- Day 4 Leidissoo & Põõsaspea, to North-East
- Day 5 Birding & Tracking; Bear Hide
- Day 6 Birding & Tracking
- Day 7 Flying Squirrel Study trip
- Day 8 Departure
Mammals: Racoon Dog, Red Fox, Elk, Roe Deer, Flying Squirrel (in darkness 70% quaranteed), Wild Boar (90%), Brown Bear (90%), European Beaver (95%), tracks and droppings of Lynx and Wolves (100%, or even the animals themselves if you are lucky!)
Birds: Black Stork, Golden Eagle, Lesser Spotted Eagle, White-tailed Eagle, Black Grouse, Capercaillie, Corncrake, Great Snipe, Whimbrel, White-backed Woodpecker, Three-toed Woodpecker, Grey-headed Woodpecker, Citrine Wagtail, Savi´s Warbler, Penduline Tit, Golden Oriole etc.
- Periods 2015 :
- Friday 8th May – Fri 15th May
- Friday 25th Sep – Fri 2nd Oct
- Group size : 4/6 pax
- Grading : B; regular walking, for all ages
- Accommodation : Comfortable hotel and/or guesthouse with private facilities
- Food : Restaurants and local farms
- Leader : Local specialist(s) / ornithologist
- Extensions : Cultural/sightseeing extensions available on request
- Organizer / Agent : e-mail: email@example.com
- PRICE: 1555 Euro per person
- Single suppl. 250 Euro
Booking can be made by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and deposits are made through bank transfer. Invoice and confirmation will be sent to your email address.
Includes: English-Estonian speaking guide and local specialist(s) throughout the journey. All local transport. Bear Hide costs (1-2 nights). All meals and coffee-breaks. Entrance fees to protected areas. 7 overnights in shared double/TWIN beds.
Excludes: Beverages and sauna. International tickets. Insurance.
More than 70 days deposit 20% only
70-15 days before departure 50% of total tour cost
15 days or less before departure 100% of total tour cost
It is a condition of joining one of our holidays that you must be fully insured against medical and personal accident risks. Please send to us the name of your insurance provider, the contact telephone number, your policy number, expire date and details of the medical and repatriation cover provided.
And, don´t forget, when you would like to travel with your friends – plan your dates, put together your group and book your own tour as soon as possible! Ask for our special price when your Group size is more than 10 people. There is a 40% discount for group leaders. We would be happy to give you more information or offer an extra tour whenever you find a suitable time.
- www.llk.ee (homepage of Läänemaa Bird Club)
- www.eoy.ee (homepage of Estonian Birding Society)