This self guided cycling tour takes you to the Western part of Estonia and to the islands Saaremaa, Hiiumaa and Muhu. The route is on smaller roads and shows you the best what West-Estonia has to offer – idyllic small villages with stone fences and houses with thatched roofs, romantic summer resorts Haapsalu, Kuressaare and Pärnu, windmills in Angla, a wonder of nature in Kaali, friendly people and of course the sea and sandy beaches. Ferries will take you from one island to an other. On top of that you will enjoy a unique island atmosphere – a slow pace of living and laid back islander attitude.
DEPARTURES & PRICE
|Dates||Price pp (euro)
Sent us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org , indicate the preferred travel date and amount of persons, who would like to join! We will respond within 24hours.
Or reach us
- via SKYPE – Hansaguides.
- via Mobile - 0032(0)478 295196
- Accommodation 10 nights in double/twin room incl. breakfast
- Tour description, includes: turn-to-turn instructions, sights, opening times, prices, timetables, suggestions for lunch and dinner
- Collecting bike in Pärnu fee
- All taxes and service fees
- Emergency phone support
- Bicycle rent for 9 days: 100 EUR per bike
- Ortlieb waterproof pannier bags rent: 25 EUR
- Door-to-door luggage transfers +520 EUR (group up to 5 people).
Small groups 4-6 persons will have discounts. Ask for a quote.
- Bus or Train ticket Pärnu-Tallinn is not included. Cost is about 8-10 EUR
- Pick up in Pärnu by car: 150 euro/car (max. 4persons) ; 200 euro/car (max. 6 persons)
- Ferry tickets between islands are not included. Price is between 2.5-3 EUR person and 1-1.50 EUR for bike
- Extra single room premium: 220 euro
- Extending your visit is possible! Ask for a quote
- Koidula tour in Tallinn: 150 euro/group
- Plane ticket with Estonian Air Brussels-Tallinn/Amsterdam-Brussels via Hansaguides : 250 euro
- Flights through other companies and from other destinations will be suggested and booked on request.
- Send us an e-mail at email@example.com. No deposit required in this stage!
- We get back to you within 24 hrs.
- You confirm your dates and we make the booking
- We give you the final price
- You confirm the tour by paying 25% deposit
- We will send you all detailed information about your tour
- You can find our terms and conditions and relevant company information here.
- More information about Estonia is available here.
- More information about Hansaguides one can find here!
Day I -Arrival in Tallinn
Individual arrival in Tallinn and transfer (not included) to your hotel. Overnight at 3* hotel in Tallinn.
Day II – Bike ride from Tallinn to Padise (65 km / 40 miles)
The tour follows the Northern coast of Estonia. Cliffs are followed by sandy beaches. After some up’s and down’s you will get to Türisalu cliff. Enjoy the view to to the Island of Naissaar and Vääna-Jõesuu. Take a break to enjoy Keila-Joa waterfall, the third most powerful waterfall in Estonia. Enjoy dinner in beautiful Padise Manor, located next to the mystic ruins of Padise Monastery. Accommodation in B&B.
Day III – Bike ride from Padise to Haapsalu (55 km / 34 miles)
This day is just riding day. Enjoy Estonian diverse nature: the route goes through forests and fields, you will pass some bogs. For such a small country, the diversity of Estonia’s landscapes is unique in Europe. Day’s highlight is Haapsalu – a charming seaside resort famous for its range of spa hotels and an African beach. The Old town and Haapsalu Castle, haunted by a white lady, hosts many events including various music festivals. Accommodation is in small hotel.
Day IV – Bike ride to island Hiiumaa (10 km + 1.5 hrs on ferry + 28 km / 6.2 miles + 1.5 hrs on ferry + 17.3 miles)
This day the tour takes you to the second largest island in Estonia – Hiiumaa. Formed as a result of a meteorite explosion, Hiiumaa is one of the oldest islands in the world. Hiiumaa is known for its lighthouses, unspoilt nature, Kassari and the sense of humour of its inhabitants. After about 1.5 hrs on ferry, the route takes you to Hiiumaa’s capital Kärdla, known of it’s cozy islander atmosphere. Accommodation is in a small guesthouse.
Day V – Bike ride to Saaremaa island (50 km + 1 hr on ferry + 8 km / 31 miles + 1 hr on ferry + 4.9 miles)
From Kärdla, the route takes you to South-Hiiumaa and heads towards Kassari island. On your way is Vaemla Wool Factory, where the yarn is made using authentic machineries from last century. Visit the romantic Kassari chapel and take a walk (gnarled junipers all around) to the well known Sääre tirp peninsula. In the evening the ferry takes you to the largest island in Estonia – Saaremaa. Overnight is in romantic guesthouse. If you love nature, beach and sea, this is the place where to spend more than one night.
Day VI – Ride to the capital of Saaremaa – Kuressaare (51 km / 32 miles)
Windmills are considered to be the symbol of Saaremaa. On that day road takes you to Angla Windmill Mount, where you can see the windmills characteristic of the island of Saaremaa, watch a miller at work and taste homemade bread. Make a stop at the Kaali field of meteorite craters -the rarest nature wonder in Estonia, being at the same time the most spectacular in Eurasia. Your destination today – Kuressaare, is small and charming summer resort known for it’s medieval castle. Accommodation is in small hotel next to the castle, the sea and the beach.
Day VII – Ride to Koguva and Muhu island (78 km / 48 miles)
Day VIII – Bike ride to Varbla (20 km + 0.5 hrs Ferry+ 31 km / 12.4 miles + 0.5 hrs + 19.2 miles)
From Koguva, the road takes you through Muhu island. Make a stop in Liiva to visit beautiful, early Gothic style Muhu St Catherine’s Church. Make a little detour to visit the luxurious Pädaste Manor. Ferry takes you back to mainland. Follow the cycle route 1 to the seaside towards Varbla. Accommodation is in guesthouse next to the sea.
Day IX – Bike ride to Pärnu (70 km / 43.5 miles)
Day X - Pärnu and Tallinn
After breakfast at the Pärnu Yacht Club Guesthouse your bicycle tour ends. Visit Pärnu, leave your bikes at the hotel and take public transport or request private transport back to Tallinn. In the capital you ll stay at a 3* hotel.
Day XI – Tallinn & back home
At the last day of your trip you re free to visit the undiscovered districts in Tallinn and buy a present for family, friends at home before your flight takes you back to the “heimat”.